I have an advertising policy. It is simple. There is no free advertising on my blogs.
(I have learned about policies and things like that from Misery. She claims to know about them).
Now. To explain.
1) Pawsonally, I do not like ghastly adverts interfering with pictures of my handsome self.
2) I would not wish to relinquish (good alliteration there) control of what appears on my blog. I wouldn’t want to advertise something which I thought was rubbish.
3) I also, will not tolerate people commenting – and linking to their commercial sites. I have set my spam detector to zilch links for comments. This, is a VERY good feature that WP offers. So please do not comment, pretending to be a committed dogblogger, when all you are trying to do, is publicise your business. It is nothing more than spam. I put the PippaPaw firmly down on that one.
4) I may from time to time, write about things that I consider good or bad. I have posted a couple of reviews on the previous blog and I will do so on here. I may even get Misery to set up a page for reviews. Note – unless otherwise indicated on reviews, no payment will have been received. Any payment (I wish) – or freebies – will always be mentioned up front.
5) If anyone wishes to ask me to review something for money – I will do that. I mean every other dog seems to be doing that so why not me? But I don’t guarantee a favourable review 🙂
We all want to make money out of our blogs. But not at the cost of a) making it look like some ghastly tabloid newspaper or b) our integrity.
So, that’s my advertising policy. Or lack of it.